Home

Humming noise not wheel bearing

A bad wheel bearing sound is usually a loud hum coming from that wheel sort of like loud road noise from bad tires. A similar noise can come from worn bearings in your transmission or even a low transmission fluid level Turn the steering wheel slightly to the left or right. If the noise gets worse, then it's likely one of the wheel bearings. If the wheel bearing and tires look good, you may want to check the drivetrain. Sometimes a humming or growling noise is a sign of an issue within the drivetrain Tire noise, however, will usually change with the road surface. Furthermore, in most cases, you'll hear a noisy wheel bearing regardless of whether you're accelerating or decelerating.On the other hand, some drivetrain noises—but not all—will change upon acceleration or deceleration Keep in mind the sound comes off and on but is not affected by the throttle, acceleration, even cruising at 100km with no gas it will still hum off and on. Thanks for your input. The shop foremen and 3 techs are sure its not the wheel bearing Noise can be misleading: a humming noise while driving can be caused by several different issues, starting with your tires, but it can also be the wheel bearing or CV joint

On easy way to tell if you have a noisy tire or bad wheel bearing. By taking your hand and slightly touching the outer radius of the tire with your palm and.. Re: 2006 loud noise but not wheel bearing I would say the noise is a loud humming/vibrating noise. You can feel it in the car a bit but there is no shake Car tires that do not have steady wear will definitely make humming noise when accelerating, even as a wheel bearing problems. In case you noticed your car tires makes sound since it can also be heard from outside of the car, especially when driving with car window being open. The cause could be an unsteady wear which made a higher and lower spot Is it possible for a wheel bearing to go but not have any play in the wheel? I've got a noise that sounds the same as a wheel bearing on the way out, thought at first it was a binding brake but. Update: All 4 tires have choppy wear so it can't be due to a bad bearing on one wheel. I'm going to put my winter wheels on to see if the sound goes away. If not there's a much bigger problem. I'll let you guys know what happens

▶ Noise produced by wheel bearings is a result of lack of lubrication and in some cases, physical damage caused to them. Friction between dry areas of bearings produces a humming sound; the sound repeats at regular intervals This video shows the difference between wheel bearing noise and tire noise, wheel bearing noise sounds like a low growl, and a tire with flat spots will slap.. Humming can be a lot more difficult to detect, especially if you haven't soundproofed your car. But if you have and you still hear a loud humming noise, it's probably your wheel bearings Very often, you can NOT determine whether a wheel bearing accounts for noise based on an external exam or even measurement. That is because the noise, often humming as you describe it, is caused by relatively small imperfections in the bearing races and those imperfections can only be seen if you totally disassemble the bearing The most common reason for a humming noise in the front area of your car would be a wheel bearing noise. I would start by having the wheel bearings checked. There are two ways to check the bearings, one would be to jack wheels of the ground and check for free play in wheels, the other would require having a tech test drive the car, a good test.

Join the club,man. I've had a humming/wobbling noise at 35mph+ that I thought was a wheel bearing. Replaced the wheel bearing and the noise is still there. I'm going on 4 years now with the noise and can't seem to figure out what it is. Rotated and balanced tires numerous times. Truck drives fine, not shaking or anything If the wheel has play when it is lifted up it will make narrowing the problem down really easy. It's when there is no play and the wheel bearing is bad that it is harder to diagnose. Can you tell if the noise is coming from the front or rear? It does sound like a wheel bearing from your description

popping noise sounds like a CV axle (outside joint). For the wheel bearing it sounds like the mechanic is not torquing it to spec. I had to go though the same thing till I sat there and made sure it was torqued to 240ft-lb, once he did that the noise never came back. Cobra 9200BT Digital. Uniden 950 - w/ DFR7 software It has been noticed that the noise of a broken wheel bearing sounds similar to a brake pad dragging or humming. But you should check if there is any clearance between the wheel and the part that supports it. To solve this, lift your vehicle with the help of a hydraulic jack and push the wheel towards you with back and forth movements

If your Honda Accord is making a high pitched noise or hum, it could be a sign of a bad wheel bearing. There are several different vehicular components that can make a squeal or hum. That's why it is important to know the other warning signs of a bad bearing before just going in and replacing it Similarly, hearing a low-pitched humming under the car may indicate either worn joints, a faulty wheel bearing, or a damaged differential. It may start as you run slowly and reach 30 to 40 mph. Try to examine the clutch or transmission to find the source of the noise. To add up, misalignment of wheels and road track can also create unusual.

Answer: Wheel bearings make a humming noise, so if you have an open recall on the axle, this would be a great place to start because the noise you're describing sounds like you shouldn't be driving this vehicle until it's fixed. Question: I own a 06 Civic Si. It sounds like something is hitting the brake shield Wheel Bearing Noise Diagnostics. The classic symptom of a bad wheel bearing is typically a cyclic chirping, squealing or growling noise that changes in proportion to vehicle speed. The sound may disappear at some speeds or only occur at certain speeds. The noise may get worse when turning, or it may disappear momentarily If your Kia Sedona is making a high pitched noise or hum, it could be a sign of a bad wheel bearing. There are several different vehicular components that can make a squeal or hum. That's why it is important to know the other warning signs of a bad bearing before just going in and replacing it / front end noise ,not wheel bearing. not constant. sounds like a rotation grind. front end noise ,not wheel bearing. not constant. sounds like a rotation grind. 2,660 Report; Follow I just bought a 2013 Expedition Limited and it has a light humming sound in the left front from about 20-50 mph. It's most noticeable at about 42 mph

DNA Motoring OE-WHA-006 2002-2005 Ford Explorer

The wheel bearing, as small it is, plays a crucial role in the wheel assembly. Wear and tear and other circumstances cause it to fail after a few years on the run. The first indication is the noise, which manifests in humming, squealing, or groaning sound, increasing with speed It starts with a grinding noise and ends up with a horrible wub wub wub wub noise when going faster (can be confused with tire noise). Right now I can't feel any play in the bearing either, but when I jacked the car up I turned the wheel and it made a noise at about 3/4 of a full tur The sound intensifies as vehicle speed increases. Try to pinpoint the location of the noise because it will identify the location of the worn-out wheel bearings. 3. Clicking Sound. If you hear a. The noise starts as a low hum and rises in pitch as the speed increases. The noise only occurs when the steering wheel is turned to the right. It happens when going around a gradual curve or just a slight course correction (very small steering wheel motion). The noise does not change if the manual transmission is in neutral or if the brakes are. Symptoms: Humming from 30-75 where its loudest, stops at 80 Stops when i apply any lock to the left Does it in gear, or in neutral with clutch in Sounds like its coming from the front of the car First thought was a wheel bearing (& what i was told was the issue on purchasing), but we checked..

Wheel Bearing Noise

Joined Aug 30, 2003. ·. 131 Posts. #4 · May 25, 2011. As viper mentioned, you can't always tell a bearing is going bad by spinning the wheel while it is in the air. On my last E30, I started noticing a humming noise from the front that happened immediately after I had the tires rotated. So, I swapped the tires back around but the noise. Humming Noise S 60 Sounds Like Wheel Bearing...NOT!! Well, for those of you who are interested in this perplexing little mystery, I have some answsers. First and foremost it is not the dreaded wheel bearing as I thought but neverthless I have a new one in my car at the great expense of finding this out. Four hundered and fifty $$$ dollars later. I have a 2008 Cobalt 2.2 Auto Trans ABS 4 stud wheel hubs. I am looking for any info on my Axle Shaft noise, Axle Shaft Seal, Axle Shaft up and Down play/movement. I hear grinding/scraping/buzzing/ humming noise coming from the front of the car, while driving. It gets louder as I go faster. Wheel Bearings turn ok. than my other 07 G5 passenger. Made a noise that was sloppy when wheel was spun by hand and a had just a wee bit of movement. Fred, I found the noise, I say in a phone call. Fred says screw it, replace the bearing anyways. Car is silent now but old bearing felt gravely. Not a bit of slop but it was tired. I fixed the noise but I am not sure the bearing was the culprit Is humming noise at speed ever NOT a wheel bearing gone bad? (2006 Altima 3.5SE) Close. 4. Posted by u/[deleted] 4 years ago. Archived. Is humming noise at speed ever NOT a wheel bearing gone bad? (2006 Altima 3.5SE

Wheel Bearing Noise vs Tire Noise GMB Blo

If this has an effect on the humming noise, the problem is with the tires. If this doesn't change the noise, the tech may be correct. A front-wheel bearing or hub assembly may be the cause This humming noise increases the faster I drive (it sounds like its at the front of the truck and MAYBE more so on the drivers side). There does not seem to be any vibrations in the steering wheel or lack in quality of steering,the sound does not appear to change on turns or when I shimmy the wheel back and forth driving down the road. The noise generated from a bad wheel bearing really depends on the nature of the wear. Some common sounds you will hear from a bad wheel bearing are: humming sound. moaning sound. rough sound. scraping sound. high pitch sound. It is difficult to confirm the bad wheel bearing by simply rotating the tire. The noise may be very subtle Wheel bearings usually make a rock grinder noise, a low rumble that is like tire noise just louder and harsher. It doesn't sound like a hum.....and wheel bearing make noise at higher speeds and forces than slowly driving through a parking garage, i.e. if you had bad wheel bearings you'd also have a lot of road noise at highway speeds.. If the wheel bearing is making noise, it is time to replace it. Humming sound is the bearing beginning to die, when the sound grows like the car is skating on steel, the bearing is dead and will get worst. Still drivable with the Humming noise, could wait until the noise gets worst.. but don't neglect this if the exxe continues to roll

My question is, does this sound like a wheel bearing or faulty tyres, tyres are mid range budget from Kwikfit, Arrowspeed which i believe are made by Goodyear. The noise is ONLY coming from the rear and ALL four tyres are the matching so this its what's making me think it could be a wheel bearing as it's not coming from all areas of the car Some people describe the noise as a humming, squealing, grinding, or growling — whatever it sounds like, it isn't normal and should be a cause for concern. The noise is normally caused by the lack of lubrication in the bearing, which causes excessive friction due to the metal bearings rubbing on the race Hi yangjy26, If the noise is present when coasting in neutral, it either is the bearing or tires. Jack up the vehicle and turn the wheels feeling for vibrations on the struts. If vibration is felt, the bearing is bad. Check for uneven tire wear, it can cause humming noise as well. SPONSORED LINKS When the wheel bearing in your tires is damaged or deteriorating, it produces a soft humming sound or grinding noise when you change lanes. What can causes a loud humming noise while driving? Wheel bearing wear and tear can happen for a variety of reasons we'll look at in a minute this morning I tested the front wheel as cp suggested . Put her on center stand and turned the wheel to far left and locked it in place by pushing the forks to the left. Then tried to push the front wheel to the left and right (12 and 6 o'clock). Damn! There is a little bit of play. But its not the bearing or at least it looks like its not

Wheel Bearing Noise: Do You Have a Bad Wheel Bearing? - In

1. Noise: Banging or clunking while making a turn, backing up, or rapid deceleration (like on a freeway off-ramp).Noise gets worse in warmer weather Cause: Posi chatter due to improper lubrication; worn clutches or spider gears; improper assembly Noise: Banging, crunching, or popping while making a turn. Noise not affected by temperature Cause: Badly worn or broken spider gear
  2. The bearing was replaced after a used transfer case did nothing to fix the noise. When my MINI had a bad wheel bearing I diagnosed it and told the garage to replace it, even bringing them the correct part. The mechanic was skeptical since there was no play in the wheel. But when the bearing was removed it was bad
  3. Same examples as earlier in this thread. Brought Ody in for Oil change and H Mechanic raised wheel bearing alarm. I did not believe Mech until he re-lifted Ody and performed in-gear test. Even then, noise was very subtle. After Mech repaired one of the damaged wheel bearings, Ody is very smooth and quiet now
  4. Fool on the Hill. Joined Aug 27, 2016. ·. 230 Posts. #5 · Aug 29, 2017. Jacking up the vehicle and running it is an unrealistic test for wheel bearing noise, as the wheel (and bearing) are not subject to the weight of the vehicle itself. Agree with the going around the curve test, and the swapping of tires test. T
  5. g from the left and when I turn left the noise is reduced a lot. The part is about 56 bucks but the labor is 300!!!
  6. g noise: A hum
  7. SUBJECT: The front wheel bearings on about 52,600 of the above vehicles may develop a growling or grinding noise. The bearing noise may increase or decrease during turning maneuvers. REPAIR: The front wheel bearings must be replaced on all involved vehicles. J

Humming sound at high speeds but not wheel bearing

Similar humming coming from somewhere. Sometimes I think it's coming from the rear, sometimes front. Initially thought it was maybe the corsa exhaust vibrating at certain rpms but maybe it's a wheel bearing. It will be going on the lift this coming weekend. FYI I just rolled 84,000 miles so sounds like bearings are going around 8000 The short answer is yes, bad tires can cause a humming sound. But normally customers think there is some other major root cause like a wheel bearing, or a drive axle, or a CV joint going bad. These indeed are causes that can create a humming noisebut, more often than not, it is the tires Install the wheel bearing/hub to the drive axle. Apply a thin layer of grease to the knuckle bore. Install the wheel bearing/hub retaining bolts. Tighten Tighten the wheel bearing/hub bolts to 95 N·m (70 lb ft). Install the drive axle nut, draw wheel bearing/hub onto the axle. Connect the ABS front wheel speed sensor connector Got a humming sound from what appears to be the front driver side. It has what others are saying to be a cyclic woo woo woo sound. Ive been reading alot on the whole cyclic humming sound some are having. I have replaced the diff needle bearing on driver side with ECGS bushing AND swapped to a new cv axle and it still humms Left front wheel bearing seems to be making a humming noise.Gets louder when I accelerate and slows down when I am off the gas. The sound seems to always be there however.Mechanic said he is not so sure it is the wheel bearing because when he turns the steering a certain way it does not make any other type of wearing down noises such as a clichiing or grinding sound

Wheel Bearing Warning Signs & Symptoms Auto Repair Blog

This however wont give you a humming noise, not much noise at all actually unless its really worn and even then you may get a small rattle or something. If you decide to change the bearing, it is actually pretty cheap for a decent one, but another option is to get the hub and bearing, get a reputable one, timken, moog, mevotech, etc 3,013 Posts. #2 · May 8, 2006. If it's a front wheel bearing, the sound should be pretty easy to locate (ie, you'll be able to tell it's coming from the front, unless your hearing is directionally challenged). You'll also most likely be able to feel it through the floor board as you're driving. I'm not sure that you'd be able to hear a bad. Hi, I have a 2012 Captiva, 2.4 LT AWD auto owned since new. I have a humming noise from the running gear somewhere and am struggling to identify it. It sounds like it is from the front Right hand Side mostly. I have replaced both left and right bearing / hub assemblies but the noise continues..

Noisy Tire vs Bad Wheel Bearing Easy Test - YouTub

2006 loud noise but not wheel bearing --solved-- (it was

4 Main Reason Why Car Makes Humming Noise When

It sounds like a bad wheel bearing, but I don't think it is. One rear bearing was bad, you could tell that noise was definitely from the back. That rear bearing has been changed already. Both front wheel bearings have been changed. Tyres have been changed. Road noise is now significantly less, which means you can hear the humming mor AC axle? new one to me, CV axle? still won't hum. You've made sure the tires aren't scalloped, inside or out,wavy tread? Sounds just like a bad wheel bearing. Most FWD/AWD wheel bearings need to be loaded with the car weight, can't be heard on.. 4. Both front wheel bearings are brand new (<200km) 5. It is not the tires: the sound is present with my summer wheel/tire set and winter wheel/tire set. 6. There is no vibration in the steering wheel. At 110kph, I seem to be able to feel the sound through the accelerator (but I could just be crazy) 7

Noise can be misleading: a humming noise while driving can be caused by several different issues, starting with your tires, but it can also be the wheel bearing or CV joint. Squealing & Growling The classic sounds of a bad wheel bearing are cyclic chirping, squealing and/or growling noise Sure sounds like a bad wheel bearing hum, BUT. When I swerve left to right when driving at 40-50 MPH the sound does not change. The sound gets louder/faster with vehicle speed. It sure sounds like a LF wheel bearing gone but in all my other cases of bad wheel bearings on other vehicles the sound usually changes when you turn left to right Aug 15, 2015. #2. tyres will make this kind of rumble. as can propshaft centre bearings and diff bearings, but i feel the prop and diff are unlikely. try changing the wheels front to rear (if possible, even just temporarily) and see if the noise moves. if not, then its looking like prop or diff bearings If the noise doesn't change when you go around a corner, it's not the wheel bearing. It will be the tyres miss shaped, scalloped. You can check this by looking at the tyre and can easily be seen. OP glad you got it sorted, at least it was the cheaper end of the car to do Humming noise, wheel bearing? Tags bearing humming. Jump to Latest Follow 1 - 10 of 10 Posts. Bazzabara · Registered. Joined Apr 6, 2015 · 93 Posts . Discussion Starter · #1 · Sep 4, 2017. Hi! My wifes giulietta recently started to make a humming noise with very slight vibrations when turning slightly to the left at higher speeds, its most.

Noisy wheel bearing but no play in wheel - Page 1

1. g sound and get louder the faster you go. D
  2. g noise outside. I had her decelerate and brake to put in park
  3. g noise so I'm not sure when you said higher pitched hum
  4. g from wheel bearings. It seems like if it was exhaust, but is not. Noise changes with speed but not with shifting nor power from engine. Interestingly enough, when I sharp turn right, noise goes completely away. When I sharp turn left, noise stays the same, maybe increase a.
  5. g for about 6 months, worsening with time. I originally thought is was a bad front wheel bearing. Replaced both front wheel bearings and no improvement. Symptoms: Hum noise, increases with speed. Noise is quieter as I turn the car left..
  6. Rear Differential Noise vs. Wheel Bearing Noise. Some people mix up the wheel bearing noise with rear differential noises. But there are some subtle differences in the noise. Rear differential noise is like-Howling sound. To be more specific, howling sounds while decelerating. A light whine around 35-60 mph
  7. g noise is getting louder and louder - quite diappointing. Taking it to dealer next week and expect warranty to cover this. Maybe our MDX is a Monday car as this is not the first noise related issue - a year ago, with 5K, the engine compartment plastic cover was.

Humming noise changes with speed - not wheel bearing

1. g sound co
  2. Update: so i used a device called 6channel eletronic stethoscope. And bearings both front and rear seems fine. But the noise is big on the right front differential disconnect(the one i changed) and front differential left. Still not sure, will disassemble left front wheel bearing and cv axle to be sure
  3. g from the driver side wheel. I took it to a trusted mechanic and they replaced the wheel bearing hub for a reasonable price. Now it seems like the front end is louder than before, but now a hum
  4. g from the wheel or tire area of the moving vehicle. You may mistake this as engine noise, but when you listen closely you are likely to hear grinding or grating that gets louder as the vehicle accelerates. Since wheel bearings are not known.
  5. Oftentimes, if the wheel bearing is the problem, you'll feel movement in the tire that shouldn't be there. Replace both sides at the same time if it's a bearing issue. Most often, the opposite bearing will start failing not too long after the first. - stevieb May 13 '19 at 14:3
  6. Only after diagnosing the sound or weird feeling will you be able to tell how long you can continue to use your car with a noisy wheel bearing. That being said, any noise from your wheel bearing is an indication that it is time for a replacement. If you hear or feel the noise, we recommend getting your wheel bearings looked at right away if you.

Learn How to Identify Wheel Bearing Noise to Avert Danger

1. 06 Trailblazer 4x4 front end noise-not wheel bearing. I have an 06 Trailblazer 4.2 4x4 ext and have a noise in the left front that sounds like a wheel bearing (louder when making right turns-gone when turning left). Have replaced both front hubs with Timken's. Had a friend who knows suspensions look at it and he thought it was bad bearing in.
  2. g/whirling noise co
  3. The other possibility is the wheel bearings. Noise doesn't always change on a load change of a bearing, bearings can fail in many ways and not every failure will make noise the same way. You can jack up the front end and see if there's play in the bearing, grab the tire at the 6 and 12 o'clock and the 3 and 9 o'clock positions and rock the wheel
  4. g noise at around 70-80mph and only around that speed. I called Firestone and they basically told me they balanced the tire correctly and that it may be the wheel bearing. From all the research it doesn't sound like a wheel bearing issue as it's not making a grinding noise
  5. g noise gets louder and louder as the bearings continue to fail. I replaced 3 bad bearings on my 2008 at about 100K miles--I live in snow country with lots of road salt--and they all made slightly different noises. Sometimes the bearing will be quieter when taking a curve one way than the other, but this doesn't always happen
  6. g noise co
  7. If a front wheel bearing you should be able to change the noise when making a slight steering adjustment, meaning do the 60 km/h and then turn a little left. This will put the weight of the car on the right side bearing and if this increases the noise it's most likely your right front wheel bearing

Wheel Bearing Noise VS

Did you work on yours or have someone attend to it? They are not easy to get out, I only had one bad, the rear. The feel and noise is akin to a bad wheel bearing. One way to tell the difference is to get to the top of a hill on a pretty light traffic street, put in N and coast it you still have a noise wheel bearing if none check the bushing So the mechanic who drove the car with me knew right away that the humming noise was the front wheel bearing and he was able to see the jerking and knew it was the transmission. Both of these are covered under the powertrain, which mine happens to run out on 6/22/12, talk about lucky Thing is, it doesn't sound like any of the wheel bearing noise videos on youtube for example. I don't have any of that concrete mixer type of noise or anything like that. It sounds more like when you blow air over the top of a bottle--that kind of hollow tone, only louder and more metallic 1,331 Posts. #12 · Oct 10, 2013. The most common cause of the hum noise is due to the carrier bearing failing. It's not that big of a job to replace, and I had mine done. Removing the diff and opening it up is needed to see what the problem is, so they quoted 1300, in case it needs a lot more work Car is a 1997 Toyota Celica GT. It started yesterday (27th may), from 20mph onwards an oscillating humming noise appears and gets faster (but not really any louder) as I drive faster. I'm thinking worn wheel bearing. The nearside front bearing was apparently changed at last MOT Sept 2012. So could now be the offside (right) gone

Wheel Bearing Noise Faulty Wheel Bearing Diagnosis & Repai

This causes bearings to individually pass over spots in the race that are not worn the same all of the way around. These are practically microscopic wear differences, but enough to start a buzzing or humming that is enough to drive you mad looking for it. It also is the beginning of the end for the bearing as far as accelerated failure goes So I purchase a new wheel hub assembly for the left rear wheel, have my best friend (certified mechanic) replace it and STILL have this humming noise It becomes audible around 40 mph, gets loud around 45, fades away from 45-55 and then at 60 mph it reaches its peak loudness before fading away to a low pitched almost inaudible hum at speeds of 65 Loud humming noise from front wheel or in that area, symptoms are; a loud humming noise at full song by 30 MPH from the passenger side (right hand) front wheel area. I have a sense of vibration but the steering wheel does not shake or vibrate. Bearing replacement didn't change the noise a bit, If I whip the wheel to the right noise subsides if. Sealed bearings should be brought in for inspection every 30,000 miles or sooner if you hear any unusual noises. The typical wheel bearing noise is a rotational humming noise while you're driving that typically varies with speed or when turning. Sealed bearings can typically last as long as 100,000 miles or more

2016 ford f150 humming noise while driving

Humming noise coming from my tires

Centric 40051000E Bearing and Hub Assembly. Established in 2000, Centric features the C-Tek line of sturdy, noise-free aftermarket wheel hubs. This line of wheel hubs, which includes the Centric 40051000E, is made of premium materials and is engineered to meet OE standards. Centric products are all quality checked for safety and performance I'm having wheel bearing noise from my 2005 civic. I jacked up the front end and sure enough, when the wheels are rotating over ~40 mph there's a loud humming noise coming from the drivers side front wheel. And when I manually rotate the wheel, there's a lot more resistance from the drivers side front wheel than the passengers side. A few.

SOLVED: Reason for humming noise even after changing wheel

2013 Armada Platinum 4x4 72k miles purchased new. about a month ago starting hearing a strange humming noise from the front of the vehicle. Noticed that when I turn the car to the right noise goes away. Suspected something with right from bearing or tire. Took it to Tire Kingdom. They call me.. A bad wheel bearing can make noise and let you know that it is time to change it, but it can also be silent too. In my 15 years inside this industry, I have seen a lot of different failed wheel. In 2002, Subaru updated the part with tapered roller bearings. I drove 40K miles on a humming rear wheel bearing and replaced just the bearing. It's been quiet and smooth for the past 40K miles. But the old one never had any play in the bearing, just noise Replaced my bad front wheel bearing due to the loud uneven noise when I turned the steering wheel. I had all 4 replaced with wheels rebalanced. The noise was not as loud driving straight but I did have some trembling on and off consistently when driving over 70mph Wheel Bearing/ Hub Assembly When your wheel bearing starts to go you'll hear a loud humming noise coming for which ever wheel bearing is going bad. Once..

2008 Tacoma TRD Sport - Front End HummingNOT wheel bearin

Dealer finally fixed my 2016 platinum noise problem. They replaced front wheel bearings few months ago, but noise still there. Noise went from humm, to Grrrrr and today, tech acknowledges the RR bearing is bad too. They replaced it, only RR side and noise fixed. They would not replace RL bearing so hopefully it won't go bad. Warranty is 5 years. Loud humming noise at 45+ mph!! if the hum: suddenly appears at 45mph, it's the brakes. quiet and gets louder with speed, it's wheel bearing. also low speed steering wheel shake can be loose lug bolts, or less likely bad wheel bearing. 03-30-2008 10:59 PM #6. jonsaudi The noise, which seems to come from the front end, started around 50K as a faint humming noise, very similar to common tire whine. As time went by, the noise got worse and rotating the tires didn't seem to make a difference. I changed the left front wheel bearing hub at 65K - again no affect on the noise

DIY Toyota Front Wheel Drive (FWD) Wheel Bearing